We recently announced that no spectators would be permitted to attend high school athletic events until March 1st in order to ensure students have a safe and positive experience in the first 2 weeks of competition. This decision was made in an effort to provide time to evaluate the effectiveness of the protocols developed for our hybrid return at EVHS.
With the successful re-opening of EVHS, and the recent rescheduling of home events which eliminated multiple overlapping athletic events in these first couple weeks back, we feel we can start integrating spectators earlier than originally communicated. Starting Saturday February 20th, we will begin allowing spectators following the guidelines outlined below.
Admission for Football and Volleyball will be charged at the gate as in previous years for individuals who receive a ticket. Ticket prices for all CWAC league and non-league events will be $5 for adults, and $4 for students and Sr. Citizens.
WA Phase 1
● No spectators/family will be allowed entrance to home EVHS athletic events
WA Phase 2 (Our Current Status in EVSD)
- In order to ensure students have a safe and positive experience in the first 2 weeks of competition, no spectators will be allowed. This will allow game management staff to focus on implementation of the required safety protocols for all students and staff.
- Only East Valley fans/spectators will be allowed at our home games/ competitions beginning March 1st.
- East Valley fans/Spectators will not be admitted in to games/competitions where East Valley is the visiting team
- At all CWAC sporting events, Priority for admission will go in the following order:
- Game Officials
- Event workers/site supervisors
- Student Groups(i.e.)
- Cheer (Football Only) Sideline & Introductions
- Band (Football Only)
- Home team parents/family members of athletes (2 people per student if guidelines allow)
Ticket prices for all CWAC league and non-league events will be $5 for adults, and $4 for students and Sr. Citizens.
● Football - With the current 200 people maximum number allowed, it is not yet clear if we will have room for spectators due to multiple student groups who will have priority.
● Soccer - 2 family members per household will be allowed entrance
● Volleyball - 2 Family members per household will be allowed entrance
● Cross Country - 2 Family members per household will be allowed entrance
● Swim - TBD based on local indoor swimming pool facilities operators.
*All family members will be required to remain socially distanced and wear face coverings at all times*
Ticket/Entrance Gate Protocols for Season 1 Sports at EVHS
- All spectators, athletes, and coaches will enter through the EVHS main entrance
- Spectators will not be allowed to enter until 30 minutes prior to the start of the event/game
- Spectators will be required to complete our East Valley School District attestation and show proof of completion to workers at the entrance
- All visiting athletes and coaches will be screened before they arrive at EVHS
- Spectators may be asked to clear the gym between JV and Varsity contests.
- Spectators will enter stadium via entrance on Eastside. (next to concessions stand)