A New Board Member Joins the Team!
We are excited to welcome Mr. Seth Basford, as the newly appointed School Board Director of District No. 3. Mr. Basford responded to an advertisement for the open position and was interviewed and selected by the Board Directors to fill the existing term of Board Director, Adam McCraken, until his seat is up for reelection in November of 2019.
Mr. Seth Basford joins our East Valley Board of Directors with a long history of experience in education and a great love of learning and an understanding of the importance of all students receiving the highest quality education available. Mr. Basford gained, “in the classroom training,” as an employee of the Naches School District over a span of ten years. Basford’s experience working with the Naches ESL Department and his ability to fluently speak Spanish make him a valuable asset to our Board of Directors.
Mr. Basford is currently employed as an agent at Country Financial. When he’s not at work he likes to spend time with his four boys, all of whom will attend East Valley schools. Basford hopes to help in providing the best education possible for his children and all children in the East Valley School District.
Please join us in congratulating Mr. Seth Basford on his recent appointment to the East Valley School District Board of Directors.
PSE Contract Ratified!
We are thrilled to announce that the PSE contract has been ratified by the PSE association and approved by the East Valley School District Board of Directors. Both parties met and agreed to the terms of this agreement, which will be extended for two years, until August 31, 2019.
We are thankful to our classified staff members for their dedication to our students and our community. We understand the value that all of our PSE staff members add to our District and are very proud to have been able to provide them increased wages. We look forward to our next two years working together to make a significant difference for our children!
The School Board approved revisions to the Board Policies listed below:
- 1210 Annual Organization Meeting (Policy)
- 1220 Board Officers and Duties of Board Members (Policy)
- 1225 School Director Legislative Program (Policy)
- 2024 Online Learning (Policy)
- 2024P Online Learning (Procedure)
- 2255 Alternative Learning Experience (Policy)
- 2255P Alternative Learning Experience (Procedure)
- 5010 Nondiscrimination and Affirmative Action (Policy)
- 6700 Nutrition, Health, and Physical Fitness (Policy)
- 6700P Nutrition, Health, and Physical Fitness (Procedure)
The School Board approved these new Board Policies be added:
- 3235 Protection of Student Personal Information (Policy)
- 3235P Protection of Student Personal Information (Procedure)