Board members discussed agenda items for the School Board Retreat scheduled in January of 2018. The School Board Retreat will assist in infusing our newly appointed members in the work of their positions and provide opportunity to review progress on District goals and initiatives.
Justin Scully, Business Director, presented a budget status report indicating that the East Valley School District is on target with revenue and expenditures for the current school year. Student enrollment continues to remain steady.
The East Valley Central Auxiliary Gym project has been successfully completed and we have received a Certificate of Occupancy. The new auxiliary gym was opened to our students and used for the first time at the basketball game on Wednesday, November 29, 2017.
Levy Committee Commences
Superintendent, John Schieche, reported on the first meeting of the Levy Committee. The Levy Committee met on November 21, 2017, to discuss our current levy and how new State legislation will impact the upcoming 2018 Levy. The next Levy Committee meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, December 5, 2017. For more information, please contact Mr. Schieche at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The East Valley School Board accepted a donation from the Basketball Booster Club for the acquisition of new uniforms at East Valley High School.
- The School Board also accepted field modifications for the Duffield Road Extension Project as completed.
The School Board approved revisions to the Board Policies listed below:
- 1410 Executive or Closed Sessions (Policy)
- 2021 Library Information and Technology Programs (Policy/Procedure)
- 3110 Qualification of Attendance and Placement (Policy/Procedure)
- 3115 Homeless Students (Policy)
- 3116 Students in Foster Care (Policy)
- 3416 Medication at School (Policy/Procedure)
- 3432 Emergencies (Policy/Procedure)
- 4040 Public Access to District Records (Policy/Procedure)
- 4120 School Support Organizations (Policy/Procedure)
- 5005 Employment Disclosures, Certification Requirements, Assurances and Approval (Policy/Deletion of Procedure)
- 5240 Evaluation of Staff (Policy)
- 6020 System of Funds and Accounts (Policy)
- 6220 Bid Requirements (Policy/Procedure)
- 6580 Continuity of Operations Plan (Policy/Procedure)
- 6905 Site Acquisition (Policy)
Join us in the District Office Board Room for our next Regular School Board Meeting on Monday, December 11, 2017; at 7:00 p.m. Directly preceding our Regular School Board Meeting we will hold a study session to review all components of the 2018 Replacement Levy.