East Valley School Culture
" No significant learning occurs without a significant relationship."
- Dr. James Comer
In East Valley, we believe that all students deserve an environment that is both safe and nurturing. It is our goal to create strong, positive connections with our students, staff, families and our community, that support student growth and achievement at all levels.
What is SCHOOL CULTURE?
"School culture is the set of norms, values and beliefs, rituals and ceremonies, symbols and stories that make up the 'persona' of the school." (Cromwell, 2002)
Positive SCHOOL CULTURE is a place where:
- Educators have an unwavering belief in the ability of all of their students to achieve success, and they pass that belief on to others in overt and covert ways.
- Educators create policies and procedures and adopt practices that support their belief in every student's ability.
How will we know what our EAST VALLEY CULTURE is like?
We will be gathering your input throughout the year to help guide us in achieving our goal.
We will conduct...
- Baseline surveys of our students, staff and families at the beginning of the year
- Periodical follow-up surveys to monitor our progress throughout the year
- Daily interaction surveys for visitors to our buildings
What will we do with the information gathered in our surveys?
We will use the feedback that we receive to start conversations with our educators on what we're doing well and on areas where we still need to do work to improve school culture for all of our students.