Established in 2000, the East Valley School District Crystal Apple Award is an award created to honor and acknowledge one outstanding certificated educator per year. This individual is recognized for the positive impact they have had on the lives and futures of their students.
- Reward excellence in teaching in our East Valley Schools
- Encourage creative and quality instruction
- Encourage the development of a positive learning environment
- Encourage excellent teachers to remain in a teaching career
- Provide incentive for teachers' individual initiative
- Contribute to the improvement of education for East Valley students
The selected winner will receive a framed certificate, a crystal apple, Crystal Apple jacket and a $1,000 cash award (donated by local business owners and interested individuals). The winner will have his/her name added to the Apple plaque that will be displayed at the winner's school. The winner will be announced during National Teacher Appreciation Week in early May.
All nominees will receive a framed certificate.