COVID-19 Information for EVSD Schools
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A STUDENT TESTS POSITIVE FOR COVID-19?
If your child tests positive for COVID-19, please contact the school immediately and do NOT send them to school. If your child is at school and exhibiting symptoms, you will be asked to come to the school to pick them up.
EVSD COVID-19 CASES NOTIFICATIONS:
Each of our schools will maintain an online database of COVID-19 cases within their school (see link below). The database will include classroom information, bus route number, lunch period, and any extracurricular activities of the individual who tested positive (no student/staff names will be posted). This database will be updated daily for positive COVID-19 tests. While we are no longer required to notify families of “close contact” status, we do encourage our families to check this database frequently to see if your student could have been recently exposed.
Possible Exposure Communication
Regardless of vaccination status, students, children, and staff who were potentially exposed to COVID-19 are encouraged to:
- Continue to attend school, child care, and activities.
- Monitor for symptoms for 10 days after exposure.
- Should test as soon as possible after exposure. Retesting is recommended every 24-48 hours for five days after exposure.
- Should wear a well-fitting mask for 10 days after exposure.
RETURNING TO SCHOOL AFTER TESTING POSITIVE FOR COVID-19
If a person has symptoms of COVID-19 and tests positive, they will be required to isolate at home for five days.
Note: if they test negative for COVID-19, have been fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medication, and symptoms have significantly improved, they can return to school.
After 5 days of isolating at home they can return to school (fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medication and symptoms have significantly improved) and will be offered a COVID-19 test. Home test results will also be accepted.
- If the test is negative, they will not be required to wear a mask.
- If the test is positive, they will be required to wear a mask from days 6-10.
- If they choose not to take a COVID-19 test, they will be required to wear a mask days 6-10.
- If a person is unable to wear a mask (or other approved device) or refuses to wear a mask, they will be required to isolate at home through day 10.
Department of Health K-12 Requirements for the 2022-2023 School Year