COVID-19 Information for EVSD Schools
- All staff, students, visitors, and volunteers must wear face coverings/masks, regardless of vaccination status when in all East Valley School District buildings or on buses.
Physical Distancing Requirements
- Maintain a physical distance of three feet between students in classroom settings as is reasonably possible. There is flexibility in reducing the distance when desks or tables do not allow for the three feet distance.
- All district staff must maintain a 6-foot separation and practice social distancing as work duties permit in the workplace.
Additional Prevention Measures
- Frequent hand washing is encouraged
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the buildings
- Cleaning and disinfecting
- Staying home when sick
- Testing as indicated
Our Custodial Team is routinely cleaning and disinfecting the workplace, especially in those commonly touched surfaces/areas. Our Health Services Team will continue to monitor COVID testing, symptoms, cases, contact tracing, and quarantining as required by the Department of Health.
You should not send your student to school if they have symptoms that could be COVID-19. Most people who get COVID-19 have mild symptoms, including a fever and cough. Adults and children have reported the following symptoms or a combination of symptoms, which may appear two to 14 days after exposure:
- Fever of 100.4°F / 38°C or higher
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Other signs of new illness that are unrelated to a preexisting condition (such as seasonal allergies)
This list does not include all possible symptoms. To learn more about COVID-19 symptoms, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.